Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Right Their Mistakes :-9


whenever I am in a bad mood, I just loved to find other people's mistakes (especially the public sectors) and give them more than an earful.

early this year, after the IRD (Income Tax Dept) said that hubby & I still owe them money from previous years (not the first time we received such notice), I decided to dig into my tax chest and pull out all the documents. Rechecked through all info for each year & found that (if) my records are correct, IRD still owe us $.

Went to the IRD Jalan Duta , checked with the lady at the counter and since she could not help much, she called for our files.

After waiting for 20min-30mins (considered very fast oledi), was attended by another female staff.. went through each and every years PCB remittances..and found (ahahhaha)..

1) they have wrongly credited one of my monthly PCB to someone's account in Wangsa Maju branch. That someone has a different surname, different name different Tax File # and tax location.


2) my hubby's 8 months PCB's payments from 1997 are yet to be credited into his file, despites humpteen times we wrote in to explain situation. His employer has also certifed the payments with IRD.

When I asked the lady how fast IRD can reverse out the 1st mistake, she said they have to send an email to IRD Wangsa Maju and wait for a reply. Asked her - wait how long, she said don't know, she added that if I want fast action, I have to call Wangsa Maju myself and tell them to reverse the money out to my account ....KCB ..my blood boiling now.. wattahack, they made a mistake and they expect me to correct it..

asked when they going to rectify 2nd mistake, get same reply...they know the money is in, but they cannot tell when it can be credited .......helloo..it's been 11 bl**dy years since the payment was made and they still cannot rectify it.. is it so difficult to do internal adjustments within IRD, with all the proofs given ..

Two months later (in April), I followed up on both cases again..and I get the same replies..

Never mind, I go to IRD every month, so when I have bad moods, I will pay them a visit to release my tension..

No comments: