Friday, July 18, 2008

Do I Swim? Yes, I Definitely Do, Like A...




ROCK

everytime sum one ask me that question, that will be my answer lah..

wondering how i swim like a rock..simple saja ..have you seen how fast a rock sink to the bottom when thrown into the river or sea..that me lah.

Yours truly here has never taken any swimming classes, cos too poor and too takut (afraid) of dying and become the Hantu Air (Water Ghost)

my first swimming (sinking) experience was at Pulau Redang. The usual package of 3D/2N will have 2-3 snorkelling trips to the marine park and nearby islands..

Being my 1st maiden trip there, I felt inlove with the place & also being a Kiasu, we (mostly lah) Asian love to do and see everything during our holidays..

Not to lose out and be shortchanged because I oledi paid for the trip, I followed the gang onto the boat for the snorkelling trips. After the Marine Park, we were taken to another island to do more snorkelling.. the boat anchored, and everyone jumped into the sea, including me, snorkelling gear and safety vest safely in place.

Was floating happily and enjoying the underwater scenery. Then realise I have drifted quite far from the boat, I tried to turn around and paddle back to the boat...Tapi alamak, instead found myself going opposite direction and farther away ..panic set in, the guides were not in sight, and no one took any notice of me, all happily spread out swimming.

What to do... muahahar..shouted JIU MING, JUI MING (HELP HELP)..& luckily my daughter came to my rescue and towed me to boat..

Till today my daughter sometimes still tease me about this ..MALU saja

2009 Resolution - Learn to Swim
why not now but 2009..cos I still have time to procastinate ..man man lai ..no hurry mah..not going to any islands this year what

2 comments:

Banaena said...

Though I can swim but not a good swimmer-can float and swim one style only - backstroke (or is it called breaststroke ?? :p. I was like u, my first snorkeling trip was also in redang island and at that time I can't swim yet. I dunno how i could braved the sea and travel to more than 30m depth sea...Perhaps I was too fascinated with the corals that I forgot completely about the water..hahaha! There's always first time!

Christina said...

I would very much like to learn to swim but after the almost lost and drown in the sea(Port Dickson)incident, kept me away. And, of course another thing is I am wearing my spectacles which make it more difficult.