Thursday, July 31, 2008

MY FRIEND & PARTNER


IN THE RAT RACE

This is my dictionary..Oxford Advance Learner Dictionary – published in 1989. I bought this book (in 1989 lah) @ RM59.90 at the Popular Book Store in Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur. It's the Low Priced Edition..(could only afford this version). Those days, my salary was 'chicken feed' and the cost of this dictionary is alot of money (to me at least). The hard cover versions were sold at above RM100.00, if I were to buy that, I have to PUASA (fast) for the next half month.


It has been my faithful companion for the last 20 years, going thru the same ups (& downs) with me. It has tagged along through my various jobs (I will tell you how many jobs I have switched since working, but that’s another story). It has seen me transforming from a greenhorn, wet behind the ears clerk (shivering whenever the stupid MD , aka Mad Dog. asked to enter his office) to a seasoned toughened woman.

It has aged and bruised in the process of evolving with me. I have lovingly 'bandage' it with scotch tape.

My dictionary, my best friend and faithful partner....

No comments: