Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Garuda is Cheating !

This advertisement appears in today The Star Newspapers, page W37, on the right hand lower corner.

(pls click on the image for better view)



We have been planning to go Jakarta / Bandung..belum pernah visit these two cities. And heard that Bandung is a shopping paradise, so the more excuse to hop over from Jakarta


Asked my girlfriend working in a travel agency what's the package like. Unfortunately, she said have to book directly with Garuda.


So I went onto Garuda's webpage to search for some information first lah..why want to bother people if you can find information online,,that's what the cyberspace is for rite?


Their webpage mentioned for departures upto 31st March 2010..that's today lah (and some already expired in Dec 2009)


So boh pian..have to call them. This is my conversation with the Garuda lady staff.


Me
Good morning (i very polite wan ok)...I like to ask you about the Garuda package for 3D/2N Bandung



She
Hold on, I check first.

(I could hear her frisking thru her papers searching for information)



She
Package valid for departure upto June 2010. You have to pay for the airport tax/fuel surchage


Me
But in the Star newspaper, it is mentioned that package is inclusive of airport, fuel & service tax.


She
Is it? Hold on, I check again
.


(and I was put on hold for 2-3 minutes..no background music..just dead silence)


She
You have to pay for the airport tax - RM51.00 and fuel surcharge : RM102.00

Total is RM996.00/pax.


(Note : not even a word of apology from the lady for printing error)

I refused to argue with her further on this matter, since it was probably Garuda Management's mistake on the newpaper advertisement.

Me
If I am interested to join, I have to book directly with Garuda or can I go through travel agent?


She
You can go through travel agent.

Me
Is it? My agent said we have to book direct with Garuda


She
Then you have to book direct with us lah..

Aiyoh..I have not booked the package yet, already so many uncertanties. Better I go myself on FIT basis with another airline.

No comments: