Tuesday, August 5, 2008

M I A

While still trying to find my direction in my career, I thought that I would like to work in the bank, after all in those days, working in the bank is considered as secure job, because when do you ever hear of a bank going bankrupt?

When I saw clerical openings in one of the Malaysia’s pioneer bank, I wrote in my application, posted and waited. A month later, was called for an interview at the bank HQ in downtown.

I was only in my late teens and was so nervous in the interview. Was given a set of IQ / EQ questions. And this was my first time being tested on my IQ (and I truly admit it’s not something I can be proud about ;-)

Some questions were on the acronyms of certain professional bodies or the GLCs companies. Aiyah..those questions really really got me pusing pusing (dizzy).. I am just fresh out of school, and solli, but they do not teach us acronyms in school those days (or do they?)

I still remember one of the acronyms


M . I . A.


Heheeheeheee..do you know what I wrote

Missing In Action … (M I A - rite mah)

hahhahahhaa…I guess I watched too many COMBAT shows (the series starring the late Vic Morrow – see I can still remember the name) on TV. When his boys (army) are lost and not found (dead or alive), they are categorized as MIA ..

And did I get the job? Guess lah..




MIA - Malaysian Institute of Accountants

No comments: