Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bad-Breath Mouth

When I was taking my PSC (Private Secretarial Cert) in those many many moons ago.. we were taught ways to handle interviews and to answer any prospective employers’ questions diligently and to the point. I remembered that our lecturer (it's a lady) told us, in any interviews, never ever to bad-mouth any of our employers (current or ex, even though we like to stick a dagger thru their (the bosses lah) hearts and gladly go to jail for it, for all the mental torture they give us in our daily office lives)..

Her reason was that our future employer would not be impressed if we were to bad-mouthed our current or ex-employers, as we could also be applying the same tactic in our next job interviews…How wise and true she was and is.

So me being a good student, listener and adapter, I have actually managed to land myself many jobs and left good impressions with most of my employers (ahemm…ok..i know, you will tell me self praise is universal disgrace / shame). Some of them even reoffered me job after I have left them. All because I do not bad-mouthed my bosses (or most of them anyway)..

ok..you can go and puke now over my self praise blog..


PS : This work ethic only applies to some people, we read in the newspaper that sometime ..every one is bad-mouthing everyone publicly..especially bila ada by-elections.

No comments: