Monday, September 29, 2008

ER GUI TOU TAI (Han Yu Pin Yin)

Yesterday, we went for a dinner buffet..

What I experienced and saw really is a big eye opener to me…

The restaurant buffet was from 7pm-9pm. Our family arrived punctually at 7pm..and after some confusion with our bookings, managed to be seated. The dining area was 95% fully occupied. As we walked towards our table, we saw huge piles of foods were already on the tables, with the diners seated and waiting

What really surprises me was that how can these people gorged themselves with so much food …I know the saying, so hungry until can eat a horse, but the amount (mountains more likely) of food on most tables was more than enough to feed an army.

Oklah, maybe since they have already paid for the dinner and it’s buffet style, they feel they are entitled to all the food, I have nothing against that..

The thing that pissed me off is the wasted unfinished untouched food at the end, this is definitely not the spirit of it’s original purpose.. doesn't one have more sin because of all this unnecessary wastage…

Donations for the poor would have served a better purpose than to gorge oneself silly, and waste the food unnecessarily because of kiasuimm..

My motto is take what you can finish, don't take what you think you can finish.... There is no necessity to stack/horde mountain of food at the beginning ...some leg exercises for the 2nd/3rd helpings will help better digestion for more consumption

Well, writing this article may lead me to see my Nabi ISA sooner than I may want to ..but wattahack

No comments: