Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pork Meat Pie with Mushroom Soup

Today, Jr went to her primary school to help out with the sports day event. Mummy could not go kai kai or anywhere as had to fetch her home at 12noon.

I decided to try my hand on Shepherp Pie, which I have promised my doters I would baked eons ago.

To do that, I have to visit the market to get the meat. Instead of lamb, I used pork, cos it’s

Cheaper
Easier to locate
No heatiness

Boiled some potatoes in salted water, mashed them, put them back to the pot, stirred in some butter, salt and pepper for taste.

Cooked the seasoned meat with shredded carrot, celery & onions, and yes, a dash of olive oil with butter.

Boiled an 'old chicken' aka loh kai to make Chinese mushroom soup..

Simple and economical lunch...


To kill boredom & from falling into the afternoon nap trap, I baked a marble butter cake for tea.

I added a bit of whipping cream to make the cake richer..

DEFINITELY A FATTENING SUNDAY!

No comments: