Friday, November 20, 2009

Graduation Day @ Food

The Class of Std 6 had a party after their graduation ceremony. Parents were encouraged to contribute foods and my daugther requested for cake.

I scratched my head and wondered what type of cake should I bake..I have done cupcakes before, so perhaps a normal butter cake since they are the easiest. But alas no, my daughter had it all planned out for me, she requested chocolate moist cake, which I tried once several months ago.

Had to dig out my recipe.

The cake batter was easy, the tedious part was the chocolate fudge, it took me one hour of stirring&stirring on a double-boiler to get it to the right thick consistency..
The effort was worth it cause the cake was lovely and the fudge make the cake better. It was gone in a jiffy. The Asst HM did not get to taste it and she look so dissapointed that I promised and baked her and the teachers another cake the next day!
Hahaha..my eldest daughter said I 'bodek kaki', which I 100% disagreed! Let just said it's nice to cook and bake for people who appreciates them..

Have a nice weekend and Happy Holidays !

No comments: