Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to Everyone!

Yesterday, the seventh day of the Lunar year is traditionally the birthday of all Earthly mortal beings, that you and me. It’ also the day when tossing of raw fish salad (yee sang) is a must. The tossing of colourful salad and making wishes for continued health, wealth and anything good and auspicious is the custom primarily among the overseas Chinese in SEA. (Apparently the yee sang culture was initiated by Malaysia)

To celebrate this happy occasion, my classmates had a potluck gathering at my house.

My girlfriends are all super good chef. Ok lah, except for one or two whom still have to sharpen their cleavers, choppers and wok kungfu, we had a variety of dishes.

Even Miss Wong, whom claimed she does not like to cook, brought a self home-made dish.. It was simple but delicious stewed mushrooms. (we secretly think maybe it's her hubby whom cooked it - hehehe).

The children had a good time watching movies, playing computer games, card games and rummaging thru the fridge for drinks and tidbits.

Our hubbies had a great time with their yum seng session.

Tiring day but I truly enjoyed myself and my friends company, not to mention it was so ‘yit lau’ (aka noise pollution at the top most dangerous level).

Our next sojourn is on Saturday at another LYK’s house, for more foods, yakking and jin ra mi sessions!

No comments: