Monday, September 14, 2009

??? vs Por Toh

I am smiling to myself as I write this post..

hehehehe..me think the surau is having a competition with the Por Toh function nearby.

The neighbourhood is having their annual Yee Lan or Por Toh celebration since yesterday. It will last till Tuesday and the dinner will be on Wednesday (16/9). For these 3 nites, there will be puppet shows, karaoke sessions and dance performances. The sound level of these activities is barely audible from our houses.

Tonite, on the way back from my LD class, noticed that the surau was having a small congregration, which was quite often since puasa month started. Normally, the surau does not have the external speaker on when they are having their sermons. (But it's fully blasted for the 5x prayers!). However, tonight the speakers were on (with bearable volume).

Well, maybe it's only me, but it seems like the surau does not want to be outdone by the Por Toh!

** the distance between Por Toh and surau is about 100m.

No comments: